Small and compact, the demand for mini excavator hire has increased dramatically in the past decade. OK, they might look tiny in comparison to their heavy duty big brothers, but don’t be fooled, mini excavators can still pack a mean punch.
This robust and reliable piece machinery:
- Has a compact body
- Allows multiple attachments and bucket sizes
- Provides a versatile range of functions
- Is ideal where lighter equipment’s needed for smaller earthwork job
Mini excavators and mini Bobcat hire is very popular which isn’t surprising when taking into account about their multiple capabilities.
Benefits of hiring mini excavators
Let’s take a look at the major benefits of hiring a mini excavator. Here are five main advantages:-
- They are easy to use. It only takes a matter of minutes to learn how to operate a mini excavator. Almost anyone can use this piece of equipment and start immediately.
- Nooks and crannies, not a problem – compared to full-sized excavators, mini excavators are easily manoeuvered into tight spaces. Accessibility is a great selling point to contractors and operators alike.
- Less damaging – with lighter equipment, avoiding grinding or scraping a surface doesn’t present a problem for the operator. The rubber tracks fitted to smaller machines also help load the machine onto transport which reduces the risk of slips. As mini excavators are easier to move around tight spaces, there’s little need to tear down anything to accommodate the machine.
- They are quieter – small machines produce less noise especially when crossing hard surfaces and cement. Minimising the stress of noise complaints, mini excavators are a hot commodity across residential job sites as are Bobcats. With this in mind find out more about Bobcat and excavator hire Perth.
- Easy transport – transporting machinery from one building project site to another can be a headache when hiring equipment. Let’s face it, big machines are harder to transport not to mention more expensive to move around. Alternatively mini excavators or small machines in general are much easier to transport since they will fit into a pickup truck’s trailer or extended pick up beds, no worries.
At the end of the day mini excavators work similarly to full-sized excavators, the smaller size doesn’t limit its functionality. They still have the ability to swing 360 degrees which means it’s not necessary to re-position dump trucks in order to adjust to the location of the excavator.
Mini excavators are relatively cheap to hire compared to their full-sized cousins. RME provide mini excavators Perth for hire at cost-effective prices. To find out more, make contact by telephone or liaise with an adviser online.
Hauling larger machinery on the highway requires special permits that cost extra money, another reason to hire a mini excavator. There’s no need to have a special hauling permit to transport them. Mini excavator operators also don’t require a commercial driver’s licence, unlike full-sized excavators, so one more advantage.